1.01.2012

12 in 2012

My sister in law was talking about the statistics of writing down goals and how just writing them down greatly increases your chances of success. I usually don't go for new years resolutions but this year is going to be different for me. I have been on a self improvement kick lately so why not make it official with actual goals!! I'm not as crazy as my bff Michelle who did 111 in 2011, I'm just sticking to 12 in 2012.


1. Learn to use serious power tools - if I can't get Terry to build it I better dang well learn how to do it myself and I have a big list of things I want to build.

2. Be able to wear a swimsuit in front of people...it's been 3 years since I've worn one in public.

3. Take lots more pictures - I feel like my photography is sucktastic lately and I'm sure it's because I'm not shooting enough, or challenging myself!

4. Throw parties - I miss parties. I love going all out, I'm not going to let not having a house stop me anymore!

5. Stop Pinning - Start creating (ok maybe not STOP pinning, just create more of what I do pin other than food!)

6. Show more gratitude to others.

7. Serve more.

8. My always goal of being a fun mom - why is this so hard for me?

9. Finish the Book of Mormon and read it fully again by the end of the year.

10. Finish my 2009, 2010 and 2011 Blog books

11. Get True Photography up and running.

12. Stop yelling at my kids...unless they are eminent danger!

Well there you go, and here I go!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I so hear you on the fun mom thing. It's not that we're not always doing stuff and enjoying it, I just wouldn't say I'm often the "fun" mom.
Oh and I didn't think your last post was depressing either, just a real look at the year. Here's to a great 2012! :)

Shari said...

Great list! I have several of them on my list for the year as well! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I've heard the same thing about writing things down. I found that by writing my list down last year I was accomplishing stuff easily. :)

Heidi said...

It's like I could copy this post and paste it on my blog. Out of your 12 goals, 9 are the same as mine. (2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,12)
I hate wearing swimsuits and haven't worn one at all since summer 2010. (maybe we should debut our hot new bodies at the beach this summer??)
If I could get my photography to be half as good as yours this year, I'll be happy (Mentorship maybe?)
I yell too much and I don't think my kids will ever consider me as fun :)

Maybe I'll write down my goals too and see if it helps my chances.