9.14.2010

10 on Tuesday...No Complaining edition

1. I have been spending to much time complaining as of late, on facebook or otherwise so I have a new goal that I will go all day today with not one complaint, if I do I will say 3 things I am thankful for.

2. I am so excited for our new principal at the middle school. She is LDS which is a huge plus but her whole goal is to get our kids a top notch education! I can't wait to see her plans set into action. She is gonna whip that school into shape!!

3. I know I keep hinting to mini sessions coming up but please be patient! I will have the grand announcement in the next day or 2!!
Photobucket




4. Remember "Kards by Kristin" ? I try to block it out! For those of you who don't know I for one short year I had a card/invitation business where I created handmade cards and sold them! ANYWAY...I have totally changed my direction in how I do my holiday cards and other invitations and am tossing around the idea of doing card design for invites, birth announcements and Holiday cards. Would there be interest if I did? Like for Christmas lets say, I would offer things 2 ways. 1. A flat rate for a design fee that you could take to a lab (costco, wallgreens etc.) and print yourself. OR 2. A flat design fee with printing done at my lab and the price would be determined my the size and shape of you cards. You all who are on my Christmas list will know what I am talking about when I say size and shape, for the past 2 years my cards have been 5x5 trifold paper greeting cards. Does that even make sense? I am SOO not explaining this right. I will move on.

5. My allergies are SO Bad right now! I have sneezed probably no less that 30 times today.

6. O crap, that was complaining...dang, self improvement goals. Here is 3 things I am grateful for...

  • The perfect tissues, not to soft, not to rough, not greasy at all. Kleenex Ultra/Doux (I think the "doux" is another language, but it's how I differentiate when I send the hubbs to buy them for me.)

  • A really sweet note on my facebook page from a former young woman of mine! She brightened my whole day!

  • The cupcake patentienly waiting for me to enjoy after dinner.


7. Terry is now teaching guitar lessons so if you or anyone you know is interested let us know!! You want your husband to serenade you like mine does me...sign him up for lessons!

8. I read this blog post yesterday and seriously...I want to be this woman when I grow up! If I could have 1/10th of her mothering skills I would be crowned mother of the year by my kids and husband. If you don't read her blog regularly you should. She is such a motivational writer, she makes me want to be better!

9. Sam is going to accompany they primary with her violin at the primary program this year. You are welcome to come watch. She is playing "Beautiful Savior" while the rest of the children sing. It will be very moving, I can tell just by listening to her practice the piece!

10. I made it all the way to 10 with only 1 complaint!! Yeah for improvement! Now if I could get through the whole day, that would be something!!

1 comment:

Darci Buhl said...

Couple of things...First, I remember taking pictures with my best friend when I was their age and they are absolutely the best pictures ever! How great that you took some for those cute girls.
And second, I am impatiently waiting for your "grand announcement" about mini sessions! Kidding. But I really do want you to take some pictures of my kids one of these days!
And about the whole design thing...I think it's a great idea. I'm more of a print-my-own kind of girl but I think both options would be awesome. You should go for it. And feel free to practice on me if you want:)