11.08.2010

Catching Up

I have been crazy busy this weekend and had big plans for my thankful posts for Saturday and Sunday but hence, as most things in my life, it didn't go as planned. Then today was taken up by sitting in front of the computer screen editing my little fingers off. (2 weddings to be precise!)
I did have a great weekend filled with photoshoots on Saturday that were super fun and church on Sunday. Which leads me to what I am thankful for...

11.06.10 - Saturday
Today I am thankful for the one and only Heather Abbott. I have had the pleasure of working quite closely with Heather over the past few weeks in doing these Holiday and Halloween Mini Sessions. I can honestly say she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is so genuine and sweet. I am so lucky to have worked with her and my Bonnie is lucky to have her as a preschool teacher.






[Insert photo of Heather Here]





11.07.10 - Sunday
I woke this morning to sunlight, yes sunlight, but I didn't have to get out of bed, it was a beautiful thing. To wake up at a decent hour and not have to get out of bed. I love when the time changes to "fall back" strangely I love it when we spring forward too, weird huh, I guess it's the same way I can be so excited for short sleeves and sweaters all at the appropriate season. So daylight savings made for a wonderful morning but and I am thankful for that however, I am more thankful for the lesson I had to plan for my primary class. My lesson was on The Sacrament, more specifically remember Christ while we take the Sacrament. It was a great reminder of how important is it to think about Christ while we partake and why we partake of the sacrament. It was a bit hard for my little class to think about sitting still and thinking about Jesus during that time but I tried to give them some help in that but suggesting things they could think about and things not to do, like talk to sibling and bug parents. All to often I find myself dealing with kids instead of thinking about the Savior. I challenged my class to try to do that but I also am taking the challenge myself. I hope I can be a good example to my class and more importantly to my children.

11.08.10 - Monday
Today I am thankful for the discovery of Adobe Lightroom. I edited 2 entire weddings today, TWO, that's almost 700 images, in a matter of about 5 hours. Life is good! I really wish I could show some images here but unfortunately I can't, maybe when I start doing my own weddings you will get to see them!


**Totally Unrelated Photo But AWESOME none the less, am I right??**

Photobucket








2 comments:

Gerry Zobrist said...

Well I guess you have summed it up with out the savior we cannot reach our potential you have become one step closer to the that point. I love you and pray for you daily.
Love to you and your family.DAD

Heather said...

You are amazing. I am loving your daily gratitude posts. I may just have to jump on the bandwagon next year.
It has been so fun working with you. We really need to do this more often.
PS I can't believe you edited 700+ images in lightroom. I need to come over for a lesson.